Thursday, May 21, 2009

SIFF 2009 - Bring It On!!

14.
23.
27.
43.
27.
41.
34.

These are the numbers of screenings I attended at each year's SIFF (Seattle International Film Festival) starting from 2002, my first year living in Seattle. Since 2003, I've purchased a full-series pass every year. Many pass holders attend 60+ screenings during the festival, and some even go above 100. For me though, due to work and other activities (such as dragon boating), I always had limited capacity for racking up big numbers.

This year, I am self-employed, I am no longer the captain of my dragon boat team, and I only have one scheduled weekend away during the festival. So, let's see what number I can pull off!!

* NOTE: I use the term "screening" to refer to one time block of film(s), or one "sitting." Most screenings consist of one feature-length film. Some are "shorts packages" that each contains a number of short films; some others include one feature-length film and one short film. SIFF typically plays close to 300 feature films and shorts packages during its 25-day run.

No comments:

Post a Comment