Wednesday, June 10, 2009

System Calibrated

While discussing my scoring systems with a friend, I realized that I had not been fully utilizing the scale of grades. Technically I graded the movies from D to A+, except I used both ends very sparingly, meaning that most movies were crowded around B and B+. I decided to "stretch out" the scale and essentially convert the old A- to A, and the old C+ to C. Here is the new system:

A+ : Exceptionally great movies, movies I absolutely love, best of the year or better.
A : Great movies that I absolutely recommend.
A- : Near-great movies with a few minor flaws, still highly recommend.
B+ : Good movies that are enjoyable, impressive and/or uniquely valuable.
B : Solid movies that pass the grade, worth seeing if it fits your taste.
B- : Just OK or so-so, with some clear flaws.
C+ : Not good, though there are one or two redeeming qualities.
C : My time would've been better spent elsewhere.
D : Gosh, why did I ever choose to see this??

No comments:

Post a Comment