Friday, May 20, 2011

SIFF 2011: See Interesting Films First!


Seattle International Film Festival 2011 runs from Thu May 19 to Sun Jun 12. Once again, I have a Full Series Pass and will be hitting as many films as I can while still attempting to have a life.

After doing day-by-day SIFF reviews in 2009 and skipping it all together in 2010, I will once again attempt to do day-by-day reviews this year. I will also post my movie-going schedule, which I usually plan a few days in advance. You are welcome to join me for any of them! Of course, my plan is subject to change, especially since my pass gives me the freedom to switch plan last minute.

Zheng's Schedule: May 20 - May 24

Go to http://www.siff.net/festival/ for full details and to buy tickets.
PAC: Pacific Place; EGY: Egyptian; HAR: Harvard Exit; NEP: Neptune; SIF: SIFF Cinema; ADM: Admiral; REN: Renton
(*) : Filmmaker guests in attendance (a major plus for me)
Bold red font: Films I particularly look forward to

Fri May 20
11:00am, PAC, "Happy, Happy" (Norway) (Romance)
1:30pm, PAC, "Ex" (Hong Kong) (RomCom)
4:00pm, PAC, "Venice" (Poland) (Children/War)
SKIP: personal plans

Sat May 21
11:00am, HAR, "Cameraman: The Life and Work of Jack Cardiff" (UK) (Docu)
1:30pm, NEP, "3" (Germany) (Romance/Gay) - from the director of "Run Lola Run"
4:00pm, NEP, "Lope" (Spain) (Biopic/Period)
SKIP: personal plans
10:00pm, PAC, "LOVE" (USA) (SciFi) (*)

Sun May 22
11:00am, NEP, "Submarine" (UK) (Comedy/Teen)
1:30pm, EGY, "Four More Years" (Sweden) (RomCom/Gay)
3:30pm, REN, "How to Die in Oregon" (USA) (Docu) (*) - about assisted suicide
6:30pm, REN, "Pinoy Sunday" (Taiwan) (Comedy)
9:30pm, TBD

Mon May 23
4:30pm, TBD
6:30pm, ADM, "Touch" (USA) (Romance) (*)
9:15pm, ADM, "The Trip" (UK) (Comedy)

Tue May 24
4:30pm, NEP, "Beginners" (USA) (Family/Gay) - starring Ewan McGregor & Christopher Plummer
7:00pm, HAR, "A Lot Like You" (Tanzania) (Docu) (*)
9:30pm, EGY, "Fire of Conscience" (Hong Kong) (Action)

So... Bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment